Rehomed Chessie

Rehomed Chessie

Postby Cassi3662 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:44 pm

We recently welcomed a four year old chessie into our home. He is on his third home in 2 years. His first owner died suddenly and his daughter took him in; however he was not a good fit for their family. We have opened our home to him, but it has been a struggle. We have a 4 year old male Pomeranian and three children, and we live on 3 acres. Sailor( the chessie) is wonderful with us- my husband myself and our children; however he does not do well with Bear(Pomeranian) They are soo aggressive with one another to the point where they cannot be together at all. We have tried giving them separate territories as their own, but once they are in the common area together it's full out smack down.. Sailor(chessie) will even go as far as to taunt Bear(Pomeranian) just stand in front of his cage and bark non stop... This morning Sailor nipped at my sister in law for no apparent reason. My husband is ready to give up, but this dog has been through so much already, I would hate to give up on him too... Anyone with advice on how to manage the Pomeranian vs chessie WWE match, also on how to get Sailor to never nipp at anyone?
Cassi3662

Re: Rehomed Chessie

Postby Tim Carrion » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:39 pm

What activity do you have Sailor do? It has been my observation that most CBRs need a job/activity or they tend to invent their own
games ie taunting your other dog. They need something to occupy their mind and move their bodies

Tim
Tim Carrion

Return to Chat