1st retrieve-sort of

For all your photographic masterpieces. General, Dock Diving, Agility, Hunt/Field Test, Show & Anything Inbetween.

1st retrieve-sort of

Postby Warden » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:38 pm

fishing 2.jpg
fishing 2.jpg (39.09 KiB) Viewed 187 times
fishing 1.jpg
fishing 1.jpg (94.78 KiB) Viewed 187 times
Took the 13 week old pup out on a small Cape Cod kettle pond to get her used to a boat (1st time) and maybe pick up a couple fall trout for dinner. She had been swimming here before. She was a little timid in the boat at first, that lasted about 30 seconds. I had the electric trolling motor on slow and was letting out a lure off the back, SPLASH, yep she had jumped in! Reeled in and Marley was heading toward shore. I guess some of the obedience training had taken, I called come and she turned, and I got her back in. I managed to catch a nice brown and a rainbow, it was funny to see her watching the fish on the stringer off the side. Back in shore she retrieved "her" fish and attempted to pull them to shore. I think we are going to get along just fine!
Warden

Re: 1st retrieve-sort of

Postby Rick Hall » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:06 am

She's only a puppy once, soak it in.
Rick Hall

Postby Payce » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:33 am

Nice looking pup.
Payce

Postby Warden » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:14 pm

Marley in boat.jpg
Marley in boat.jpg (163.23 KiB) Viewed 148 times
Took her out in the boat again. Very alert pup, notices the birds flying, very interested. Introduced her to an old pheasant wing, the intensity of her reaction was awesome. The costal duck season opens soon, hopefully I can bag a woodie or two and see her reaction to the birds, she is too young to go.
Warden

Return to Just Photos