Female CBR

Puppies for sale. Any goods or services offered on this Web site are not the liability of Team Chesapeake:PeakeTalk, its owners, or its agents. Any or all guarantees will be the responsibility of the seller. By clicking on the "Puppy Ads" link, you agree to these terms. Minimum requirement for posting a litter is listing the status of Degenerative Myelopathy testing results of Sire and Dam. Effective 11-30-08 Billy Smith

Female CBR

Postby Tim Trowbridge » Tue May 07, 2019 1:52 am

Fortunately for someone, I've got an amazing female, Ruthie, who is like my kid, but unfortunately I've got to find her a new family. She is 16 months old, is current on all of her shots, is very EAGER to please and get out and hunt with other CBR's and family. She is definitely high drive and ready for hunting! She's got one of the very best temperaments and personalities I've ever seen. Unfortunately due to my current circumstances I cannot provide her a home in her best interests and mine. I'm hoping to rehome her to someone here in the midwest. She's out of Robin Haskin's litter with Porsche and Karen Anderson's Windjammer. She's an amazing high drive girl! I'm not able to transport her great distances, but will meet you within Indianapolis. Please let me know through PM. (This girl must go to a hunting or working home.)
Tim Trowbridge

Re: Female CBR

Postby Tim Trowbridge » Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:59 am

Just found out this week, she has Hypothyroidism. :(

I've got her on medication and hopefully her liver's ok. She has some type of copper settling in on her liver, but they think it could be from the thyroid issue.
Tim Trowbridge

Postby Tim Trowbridge » Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:38 am

Tim Trowbridge wrote:Just found out this week, she has Hypothyroidism. :(

I've got her on medication and hopefully her liver's ok. She has some type of copper settling in on her liver, but they think it could be from the thyroid issue.

She's been on the Thyroid Tab for one month now and she's improved dramatically. It's been inspiring to watch her go from acting like a 15 year old grossly overweight bitch to a 2 year old puppy that's losing weight on a daily basis. I've got another appt on the 25th and then they'll take more blood to see how things are checking out. She is still losing hair, but I'm giving her a special bath with a product I got from chewy.com, "Zesty Paws Oatmeal Anti-Itch Dog Shampoo with Aloe Vera & Vitamin E, 16-oz bottle." She's still losing a lot of skin, but we'll see if this starts to heal as well the longer she's on the medication. The meds were only $18 at Costco.
Tim Trowbridge

Postby Tim Trowbridge » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:11 pm

Update: She's got her appt next Tuesday, they're going through with it despite the coronavirus precautions for dogs who need their check-up. She's losking great:

She is absolutely coming along in leap years - it's truly one of the greatest challenges and triumphs I've ever seen with a dog's recovery. It's great! I won't get her on the scale until next Tues, but my guess is she's below 90 lbs. She is having fun again, and just full of drive. Blood test next week so a f/u to come for those who are interested.
Tim Trowbridge

Postby Tim Trowbridge » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:57 pm

Tim Trowbridge wrote:Update: She's got her appt next Tuesday, they're going through with it despite the coronavirus precautions for dogs who need their check-up. She's losking great:

She is absolutely coming along in leap years - it's truly one of the greatest challenges and triumphs I've ever seen with a dog's recovery. It's great! I won't get her on the scale until next Tues, but my guess is she's below 90 lbs. She is having fun again, and just full of drive. Blood test next week so a f/u to come for those who are interested.

Looks like her liver is ok, and her thyroid levels are back up in the normal rate. Both huge blessings! She has lost 20 lbs in a little over a month and a half. She's on cloud nine, and so am I!!! He wants to maintain checks on her other levels but its looking good!
Tim Trowbridge

Return to Puppy Ads