One year

Share your hunting stories and pictures with us!

One year

Postby jarod1076 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:19 pm

It has been one year and one month since I have allowed a Chesapeake into my house. This is Bear he is also affectionately known as Fuzzy. He is my first Chessie but second dog. When my hunting partners heard I was going down the Chessie route they tried to talk me out of it. I was even offered a silver lab for free. When I researched dogs, the traits of a Chessie fit what I was looking for. Unfortunately this guy doesn't realize he is one. He is the most friendliest attention seeking dog I've been around, he would sell me out to anyone who would give him a good scratch behind the years. The only thing he is protective is his side of the bed. My girlfriend isn't impressed he acts like a limp noodle and gives her the look good luck lady try to get me to move.

We have had many wtf moments this past hunting season. I ended up sending him to the trainer in September to get his ob tightened up and get him started for the up coming season. Even tho I got a few raised eyebrows for paying to get him trained it was well worth it. I even got a few comments from raised eyebrow crowd that Bear was the most obedient dog of our hunting party. One thing that does impress me is coming out of the water it just beads off of him. After shaking off excess water he is dry. He also handles cold water better than my lab did.

He has his kennel spot revered with the trainer for May and June so I'm looking forward to him advancing in training. And if all goes well I think we will dabble in the hunt test games this year. As I tell my girlfriend I think I'll keep him for another year
jarod1076

Re: One year

Postby Rick Hall » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:40 pm

Good to hear.
Rick Hall

Postby Sharon Potter » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:26 am

You're assuming I'll give him back at the end of June. :D
Sharon Potter

Postby jarod1076 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:54 am

Sharon Potter wrote:You're assuming I'll give him back at the end of June. :D

Feel free to keep him all summer. I should have one heck of a dog by the time duck season rolls around
jarod1076

Return to Hunting Stories & Pictures