Cod liver oil?

Cod liver oil?

Postby tbriggs8 » Tue May 17, 2016 11:23 pm

I've been told that cod liver oil will help my dog's coat. Is it true? We feed him Purina pro plan salmon based food. Is that enough fish oil for this breed? I live in wyoming where it is dry btw.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk
tbriggs8
 
Posts: 93
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:11 pm

Re: Cod liver oil?

Postby Kathy Miller » Thu May 19, 2016 3:37 pm

I prefer Salmon Oil...I buy the Grizzly brand from Amazon.com. I'm told that Salmon Oil is the best supplement.
Kathy Miller
Sandy Oak Chesapeakes
www.sandyoakcbr.com
sndyoak@aol.com
Kathy Miller
 
Posts: 86
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:54 pm

Re: Cod liver oil?

Postby tbriggs8 » Sat May 21, 2016 6:41 am

Kathy Miller wrote:I prefer Salmon Oil...I buy the Grizzly brand from Amazon.com. I'm told that Salmon Oil is the best supplement.

Thanks! I'll look it up. It helps the coat repel water pretty well and look nice then?

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk
tbriggs8
 
Posts: 93
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:11 pm

Re: Cod liver oil?

Postby Tim Carrion » Mon May 23, 2016 12:35 am

Adding cod liver oil can help a dog's coat. Dog's do not seem to mind the odor but it can cause some to loose stools. It was popular a few decades ago before the availability of our newer types and forms of fish oil additives. Haven't used it years.

Tim
Tim Carrion
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:27 pm

Re: Cod liver oil?

Postby tbriggs8 » Mon May 23, 2016 8:40 pm

Tim Carrion wrote:Adding cod liver oil can help a dog's coat. Dog's do not seem to mind the odor but it can cause some to loose stools. It was popular a few decades ago before the availability of our newer types and forms of fish oil additives. Haven't used it years.

Tim

Thanks Tim. I'm going to try the salmon oil suggested above. I appreciate your input. It's good to know about the loose stool business!!

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk
tbriggs8
 
Posts: 93
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:11 pm

Re: Cod liver oil?

Postby tbriggs8 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:37 pm

Just a quick update. I got the grizzly salmon oil Kathy suggested and it seems to be working pretty well. No runny poop and he shakes dry much better now. Thanks Kathy!

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk
tbriggs8
 
Posts: 93
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:11 pm

Re: Cod liver oil?

Postby Kathy Miller » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:27 pm

tbriggs8 wrote:Just a quick update. I got the grizzly salmon oil Kathy suggested and it seems to be working pretty well. No runny poop and he shakes dry much better now. Thanks Kathy!

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk


:D
Kathy Miller
Sandy Oak Chesapeakes
www.sandyoakcbr.com
sndyoak@aol.com
Kathy Miller
 
Posts: 86
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:54 pm


Return to General Health

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest