Finally Ready

Re: Finally Ready

Postby Lucas.Watson » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:06 pm

As much as I would like to post something with good news, I unfortunately cannot. While I was firing up the ole weber grill my pup took off after a bird she saw across the road. She was hit by a young driver GOING WAY TO FAST. However, I cannot blame the driver as Sadie should have been held on her leash by me. Thankfully, my kids only heard a yelp and I sent them inside. In the last few weeks my wife and children have learned and now understand the "Chessie love", my wife is taking it the hardest. That Sadie sure grabbed our hearts quick! She was a phenomenal pup that would have taught me more then I'd have taught her!
Lucas.Watson

Postby RShockley » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:49 pm

Sorry to hear about your loss. It is never easy losing a pup. Especially at such a young age.
RShockley

Postby Lucas.Watson » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:25 am

RShockley wrote:Sorry to hear about your loss. It is never easy losing a pup. Especially at such a young age.

It does. This is the first one I have lost with kids. They are really upset.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lucas.Watson

Postby Pat Puwal » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:01 am

That is incredibly sad. So sorry. Have you thought about a slightly older pup? Chesapeake Bay Retriever Relief and Rescue in N. VA has just picked up a 10 month old male pup. It will be evaluated and tested, etc. Their website is: http://cbrrescue.org/ There is also a 4 yr. old male that is trained, good with children, etc. in Charlotte, NC
Pat Puwal

Postby Lucas.Watson » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:04 am

Pat Puwal wrote:That is incredibly sad. So sorry. Have you thought about a slightly older pup? Chesapeake Bay Retriever Relief and Rescue in N. VA has just picked up a 10 month old male pup. It will be evaluated and tested, etc. Their website is: http://cbrrescue.org/ There is also a 4 yr. old male that is trained, good with children, etc. in Charlotte, NC

I have heard of it. I enjoy raising a pup with our family but will give it a second look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lucas.Watson

Postby Tim Trowbridge » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:23 pm

Lucas.Watson wrote:As much as I would like to post something with good news, I unfortunately cannot. While I was firing up the ole weber grill my pup took off after a bird she saw across the road. She was hit by a young driver GOING WAY TO FAST. However, I cannot blame the driver as Sadie should have been held on her leash by me. Thankfully, my kids only heard a yelp and I sent them inside. In the last few weeks my wife and children have learned and now understand the "Chessie love", my wife is taking it the hardest. That Sadie sure grabbed our hearts quick! She was a phenomenal pup that would have taught me more then I'd have taught her!

That's awful, sorry for your loss, hang in there. Thank you for your service!
Tim Trowbridge

Previous

Return to Chat