hello, new to this site, with a new pup

hello, new to this site, with a new pup

Postby Warden » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:49 pm

I have a new Chessie pup, my third Chessie,(I am still not over losing the first two to old age) raising her in the house, and some how, I forgot how much work a pup is! She is smart, got her at 7 weeks and at 12 she knows sit, come, stay and down. We are working on the whistle now. She has been swimming in both fresh and salt water and we play fetch with a small bumper. Even though she will be too young this year I have been getting my old 17' TDB ready and will be duck hunting again after not going for a few seasons. Wish me luck with the new pup!
Warden

Re: hello, new to this site, with a new pup

Postby casjoker » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:40 pm

Congrats on the new pup and welcome to the board! It can be a little slow traffic wise on here but the feedback you get on any concerns or questions is usually high quality, especially compared to some of the bigger" sites/message boards.

Mine just turned 1 and we are looking forward to our 1st hunting season together. Kicking the season off the week of OCt 9 with a trip to Maine. Then a little break from duck hunting (not from training) before the season kicks off here in TN in late November.

Enjoy the puppy stage he will be full grown before you know it.
casjoker

Postby RShockley » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:49 pm

Welcome and congrats on the new pup. When I got my chessie earlier this year I completely forgot how much work goes into a puppy. Not going to be hunting him this season as we hit a few snags in training we have had to spend extra time getting him through. Certainly don't want to hunt him to early before he is ready. Having to wait one season is worth preventing all the bad things that can come with hunting them to early. Looking forward to running some hunt tests with him here soon and then next year hunting with him. Enjoy the board. There are plenty of people around with great knowledge and experience with this breed that are often much more helpful then other boards.
RShockley

Postby Rick Hall » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:51 pm

Absolutely best of luck to both of you.
Rick Hall

Postby John » Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:52 am

Enjoy the ride.. :)
John

Postby macko2000 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:40 pm

Awesome got my first Chessie pup in December, training has been both a challenge and blast. Congrats on that pup!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
macko2000

Return to Chat